Tuna Kofte with Pomegranate Molasses-Mint Glaze with Crushed Spicy Hummus
- Crushed Spicy Hummus:
- Three 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed well and drained again
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 serrano chile, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Few dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, for garnish
Put two-thirds of the chickpeas in a food processor along with the tahini, sesame oil, honey, garlic, chile, lemon juice, hot sauce if using and season with salt and pepper. Puree until almost smooth. With the machine running, drizzle in enough olive oil to make a smooth but thick puree. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Put the remaining chickpeas in a bowl and mash coarsely with a potato masher. Spoon the mashed chickpeas on top of the puree. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter parsley leaves over the top.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.