White Peach-Bourbon French Toast with White Peach-Pecan Maple Syrup
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white peach puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 slices day old brioche, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- White Peach-Pecan Maple Syrup, recipe follows
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- White Peach-Pecan Maple Syrup:
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 ripe white peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/8ths
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup bourbon, optional
Whisk together eggs, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the milk, cream and peach puree and vanilla and whisk until combined. Place brioche in a large baking dish, pour custard over and turn to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick saute pan over high heat. Add 4 slices of the soaked bread and cook until golden brown, flip over and continue cooking until golden brown on the second side. Place 1 slice of the French toast on a plate, ladle some of the peach syrup on top. Top with a second slice of toast and ladle more of the peaches on top. Garnish with a mint sprig.White Peach-Pecan Maple Syrup:
Heat maple syrup over low heat in a medium saucepan. Add the peaches, pecans and bourbon and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.