- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 1 yellow squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick lengthwise
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
Whisk together the vinegar with some salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Place the eggplant, bell peppers, and zucchini in a large shallow baking dish, add half the vinaigrette, cover and let marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 2 tablespoons kosher salt and the couscous and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain well and rinse quickly with cool water, drain again and transfer to a bowl.
Remove the vegetables from the marinade, season with salt and pepper and grill until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the vegetables to a cutting board and coarsely chop. Add the grilled vegetables, tomatoes, basil and oregano to the couscous. Add the remaining vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper and toss. Top with the mozzarella and parsley leaves