Bourbon Barbecue Pork Ribs
- 4 to 5 pounds pork ribs
- Salt and pepper
- No-Cook Low Carb Bourbon Barbecue Sauce, recipe follows
- No-Cook Low Carb Bourbon Barbecue Sauce:
- 29 ounces no sugar added tomato sauce
- 6 ounces no sugar added tomato paste
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute, optional (recommended: Sugar Twin brand)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Preheat oven to 290 degrees F.
Season the ribs liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and place in a proportionate size deep roasting pan. Add 1 cup barbecue sauce and 2 cups water over the ribs until almost completely submerged; if not add a bit more sauce and water or use a smaller pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, place on center rack of the oven, and bake for about 2 hours or until meat is almost falling off the bone. Remove, drain liquid immediately, and coat cooked ribs with fresh barbecue sauce. It is best to make the ribs a day ahead up to this point. Refrigerate overnight and bring to room temperature before grilling.
Preheat a grill to high. Place ribs on grill and grill for just a few minutes on each side. Serve.
Cook's Note: If you have extra sauce, freeze it.No-Cook Low Carb Bourbon Barbecue Sauce:
Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Reserve.
Yield: 32 servings
Nutrient Value Per Serving:
Total Fat: 1 gram
Saturated Fat: 0 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Net Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe courtesy of George Stella