Captain Kidd's Hawk-Crushing Shrimp Rolls
- 1 (8-bun) package potato bread hot dog rolls
- Crab boil (recommended: Old Bay), to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- About 1 cup mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small, divided
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (recommended: Coleman's)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baby greens, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to poaching temperature. Add salt, crab boil and carefully add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp are opaque, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes. Once cooled, slice each shrimp in half.
In a large bowl, add the celery, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon chives, 3/4 red bell pepper (reserve remaining for garnish), lemon juice, mustard and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Add the shrimp and toss to combine.
Place the baby greens into the base of the buns. Top with the shrimp and garnish with chives and remaining red bell pepper.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.