- 1 12-ounce jar sliced pickled jalapenos, drained
- 1 1 3/4-pound flank steak,trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 2-4 tablespoons Salsa (homemade or store-bought)
- Corn tortillas (homemade or store-bought)
Make tortillas, if you're using Homemade Tortillas
Marinate the steak: Spread the jalapenos in a baking dish and press the steak on top. Cover and set aside at room temperature, about 1 hour.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to high. Brush the jalapenos off the steak, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Grill the steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice.
Assemble the tacos: For each taco, stack 2 tortillas and lay a few pieces of steak in the middle. Top with onion, salsa and cilantro. Top with lime wedges.
To make your own salsa, use Aaron's recipe for Salsa de Arbol (or store-bought salsa).
Photograph by Tina Rupp