Carrot Pancakes with Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown or granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream cheese spread:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
In a bowl, combine flour, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
In a separate bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, milk, carrots, and vanilla; mix well.
Stir carrot mixture into dry ingredients until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on the top of pancake; flip and cook until golden brown.
For topping, blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve with pancakes.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.