Cheesy Potato and Sharp Cheddar Hash
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cups shredded frozen hash brown potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup extra-sharp white Cheddar crumbles
Heat a large skillet with extra-virgin olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and let soften 2 to 3 minutes. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown and crispy. Season with a little freshly grated nutmeg, to taste, and add cheese. Turn the potatoes and onions with cheese to melt the crumbles and crisp the cheese a bit, about 1 minute. Transfer to serving dish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.