Chicken with Roasted Shallots, Tomatoes and White Beans
- Cooking spray
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 shallots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
Season both sides of chicken with salt and black pepper and place in prepared pan. Arrange shallots and tomatoes around chicken (or on a second baking sheet that's been coated with cooking spray). Toss with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast 30 minutes, until chicken is golden brown and cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Set aside 2 chicken breast halves for primavera.
In a large skillet, combine beans, roasted shallots and tomatoes, 1 cup of the broth, thyme, and oregano. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Add chicken and simmer 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and top with parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.