- Vegetable oil, for brushing and frying
- 3 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 pinch dried ground cumin
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh scooped out
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon raw sugar or brown sugar
- Special equipment: 3-inch round cutter
Brush some vegetable oil on grill grates or a grill pan and heat the grill over medium-high heat.
Brush the tilapia with the olive oil and sprinkle with the seafood seasoning, cumin and oregano. Grill the tilapia for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
Fill a deep, heavy fry pan or cast-iron skillet halfway with vegetable oil. Place over medium-high heat and bring the oil to 350 degrees F. Cut 8 rounds out of the corn tortillas. Fry the tortilla rounds in batches until crisp, and then drain on paper towels.
Transfer the avocado to a bowl and stir in the cilantro and onions. Season with salt.
In a bowl, toss the mango with the sugar and a pinch of salt.
To serve, top each tortilla with some tilapia, top with avocado sauce and then mango. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.