- Vegetable oil, for brushing and frying
- 3 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 pinch dried ground cumin
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh scooped out
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon raw sugar or brown sugar
- Special equipment: 3-inch round cutter
Brush some vegetable oil on grill grates or a grill pan and heat the grill over medium-high heat.
Brush the tilapia with the olive oil and sprinkle with the seafood seasoning, cumin and oregano. Grill the tilapia for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
Fill a deep, heavy fry pan or cast-iron skillet halfway with vegetable oil. Place over medium-high heat and bring the oil to 350 degrees F. Cut 8 rounds out of the corn tortillas. Fry the tortilla rounds in batches until crisp, and then drain on paper towels.
Transfer the avocado to a bowl and stir in the cilantro and onions. Season with salt.
In a bowl, toss the mango with the sugar and a pinch of salt.
To serve, top each tortilla with some tilapia, top with avocado sauce and then mango. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Chili
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen