- 1 ounce dried country bread cut into 1-inch dice
- 5 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 ounce black olives sliced
- 1/2 cucumber and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 red onion shaved julienne
- Olive oil
- Rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad, combine bread and vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar to taste, season with salt and pepper. Keep cold until ready for use.
- Shabu broth
- 1 quart kombu stock (water & kombu)
- Salt to taste
Make this recipe twice. Keep one at 160 degrees and put ice into the other.
4 slices of Wagyu beef sliced 3/4 inch
Gently dip a slice of beef into the warm broth until cooked, remove and place into the chilled broth until cooled.
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 grams calcium chloride
- 110 grams sugar
- 2 cup water
- 35 grams basil leaves
- 4 grams sodium alginate
- Setting bath
In a blender, combine water and calcium chloride, blend for 20 seconds, reserve in a bowl. In a sauce pot, combine sugar and water, bring to a boil, remove from heat and add basil. Puree for 1 minute until bright green then add sodium alginate. Strain this liquid and add to the caviar tray and dispense into calcium bath. Remove the caviar once they form and rinse in clean water.