- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 hot link, cut in 6 bias slices
- 5 (21/25 shrimp), deveined, shelled and butterflied
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 3 ounces Chipotle Sauce, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 ounces cooked penne pasta
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced scallion
In saute pan over high heat, add olive oil and hot links. Sear links until browned. Add the shrimp and cook until pink. Lower heat to medium. Then add cream, chipotle sauce, salt and pepper. Add cooked pasta and the cheese. Toss to combine.
Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with diced tomato, scallions, and more grated Parmesan.Chipotle Sauce:
1 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 ounce Dijon mustard
2 ounces chipotle paste
1/2-ounce red chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in blender, puree, cover and refrigerate.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri