Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad
- 1/4 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 pound vine-ripe or Roma tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup basil-infused olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over the salad and serve immediately.
BYOC: Feel free to add some nice salty feta cheese to this dish to make a nice light lunch. You will be eating this salad all summer long and dreaming of it all winter. You can also chop all the parts the night before so when it comes time to serve all you have to do is mix it together.
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, 2011
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay