- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon
- 4 to 6 (6-ounce) center-cut salmon fillets
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Pat the salmon dry and season on all sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saute pan and sear the salmon, flesh side down, over medium- high heat, about 2 minutes. Do not crowd pan. Flip and top each fillet with the herb/crumb mixture. Put the pan in the oven and bake until the fish flakes with a fork. About 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer the fish to a platter and serve immediately.