Coconut Scones with Coconut Glaze
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 sticks cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup confectioners' sugar
DirectionsFor the Scones: For the Glaze:
Make the scones: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar and shredded coconut in a bowl. Beat in the butter with a mixer on low speed, then raise the speed to high and beat until the mixture is in coarse crumbles.
Whisk the coconut milk, eggs and coconut extract in another bowl, then stir into theflour mixture until just combined. Stir in the pecans; do not overmix.
Scoop 2-to-3-inch mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets (a large ice cream scoop works well for this). Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the glaze: Whisk the coconut milk, coconut and vanilla extracts and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in a bowl until smooth, adding more sugar as needed to thicken. Drizzle over the scones while still slightly warm.
Photograph by Kate Mathis
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Coconut Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Filling, Topped with Caramel Buttercream Frosting and Toasted Coconut, Coconut Milk Tilapia, Chocolate and Coconut Lace Cookies, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Easy Dinner, Easy Baking, Baked Chicken Recipes, Salisbury Steak Recipes