Crispy Chocolate Banana 'Split'
- 4 lumpia wrappers
- 4 bananas, split into thirds along its natural seam
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices, save some for garnish
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water (egg wash)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, small pieces
- Top notch vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder for garnish
Lay out a wrapper and put together the banana filled with the almonds. Roll like a spring roll and seal with egg wash. Fry at 350 degrees until golden brown and delicious. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. To make ganache, scald cream and add to the chocolate. Stir until completely melted.
PLATING Place 3 scoops ice cream in a banana boat. Top with fried banana slice on the bias. Top with whipped cream, almonds and drizzle with ganache.
Wine Suggestion: Veuve Cliqut Demi Sec
Thank you! your flag was submitted.