- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat or 1% milk
- 4 scallions, white parts only, sliced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2 large English cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Process the cottage cheese and milk in a food processor until smooth. Add the scallions, salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice and a pinch of white pepper and process until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
Cut the cucumbers into 3/4-inch-thick rounds, discarding the ends. Using a small spoon, scoop the seeds and some of the flesh out of each round to form a small cup.
Fill each cup with about 2 teaspoons of the salmon whip and sprinkle with the chives. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 1 hour.
Per serving (3 pieces): Calories 60; Fat 3 g (Saturated 1 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 190 mg; Carbohydrate 5g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 5 g
Photograph by Andrew Mccaul