- 3 pounds medium baby new potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place your baby new potatoes in a large saucepan filled with cold salted water and cook on medium heat until tender for about 20 minutes. While the potatoes are cooking, Place a colander over the boiling water and blanch the green peas for about 45 seconds.
Drain potatoes, transfer to large bowl and set aside to cool for a bit. Once potatoes are cooled slightly add the red onion, dill, chives, mayonnaise and peas. Drizzle with lemon juice and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.