Minted Lamb Burgers
- For the burgers:
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, about 1 cup leaves
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 6 hamburger buns
- Cucumber-Chile Salad, optional, recipe follows
- Chile Cucumber Salad:
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, quartered and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and roughly chopped
- 2 fresno chiles, red jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsFor the burgers:
Preheat the grill to medium.
Add the mint, black olives, red onion and bread crumbs to a food processor. Pulse until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the olive mixture with the meat. Using your hands, mold the meat mixture into 6 burger patties and place on a hot, oiled grill. Grill the burgers for about 7 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Toast the buns on the grill and build the burgers on a toasted bun with a little Cucumber Chile Salad. if desired. Serve.Chile Cucumber Salad:
Add shallots, cucumber, garlic, ginger and chiles to a bowl and follow with rice vinegar. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipes written by Danny Boome - All Rights Reserved by Crash Bang Boome Production LLC