Minted Lamb Burgers
- For the burgers:
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, about 1 cup leaves
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 6 hamburger buns
- Cucumber-Chile Salad, optional, recipe follows
- Chile Cucumber Salad:
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, quartered and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and roughly chopped
- 2 fresno chiles, red jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsFor the burgers:
Preheat the grill to medium.
Add the mint, black olives, red onion and bread crumbs to a food processor. Pulse until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the olive mixture with the meat. Using your hands, mold the meat mixture into 6 burger patties and place on a hot, oiled grill. Grill the burgers for about 7 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Toast the buns on the grill and build the burgers on a toasted bun with a little Cucumber Chile Salad. if desired. Serve.Chile Cucumber Salad:
Add shallots, cucumber, garlic, ginger and chiles to a bowl and follow with rice vinegar. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Yield: 6 servings
More Recipes and Ideas:
Coriander Crusted Lamb Chops with Sour Cherry Reduction and Pan Sauteed Purple Artichokes, Portuguese Pineapple Picando Burger, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Smashed Fingerlings and Zinfandel Gravy, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Turkey Burger Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.