Spicy Couscous and Vegetables
- 1 small zucchini, halved and cut into slices
- 2 small red peppers, large dice
- 1 small eggplant, quartered and sliced
- Olive oil, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground roasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, grated zest and juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place cut vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven and roast for about 10 minutes. Place couscous in a heat proof bowl and stir in all the spices and orange juice. Bring the vegetable stock to a boil and pour over the couscous making sure it covers the couscous mixture completely. Cover with a plate or plastic wrap and leave for 5 to 10 minutes or until all the stock is absorbed. Stir in the herbs, olive oil, grated lemon zest and juice. Fluff the couscous with a fork and toss with roasted vegetables.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.