Blueberry Pecan Crumble
BBQ season also means fresh blueberry season -- they're at their best and their least expensive! Top them with a buttery, rich, crispy, crumbly topping laced with pecans and I'm in heaven. The tart fruitiness of the berries is the perfect thing to clean your palette after all those bold BBQ flavors. Serve with vanilla ice cream to get the full crumble experience.
- For the topping:
- 4 ounces pecan pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A couple pinches salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butte,r cut into small pieces
- For the berries:
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the topping: Put all topping ingredients in a bowl and rub together with your hands until mixture sticks together in small clumps.
Scatter the topping over the berries in an even layer. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the berry juice is bubbling up through the topping, about 45 to 50 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.