- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup clam juice
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound mild white flaky fish, cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned and beards removed
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 18 to 24 littleneck clams
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, bay leaves, oregano, white wine, water, clam juice, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add the fish, mussels, shrimp and clams, in that order. Let cook, covered and undisturbed, until the clams and mussels have opened and the shrimp and fish are cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the lid and garnish with chopped parsley. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately while hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.