- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, then cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems plucked
- 1 Gala or Red Delicious apple, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 small shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup soybean or safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss parsnip chunks with olive oil and salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Roast until nicely browned, turning as needed, about 20 minutes. Let cool. Then toss with watercress, apple and shallot.
Whisk together dressing ingredients and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Christmas Cobb Salad, Garden Salad with Smoked Almond Dressing, Scallop Salad with Strawberries, Cucumber and Gorgonzola in Citrus-Dijon Vinaigrette, Cucumber Salad Recipes, Orzo Salad Recipes, Bean Salad Recipes, Lobster Salad Recipes, Spinach Salad Recipes, Pasta Salad Recipes