Strawberries Two Ways
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, dried, hulled, and sliced lengthwise thinly
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- About 10 fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving, optional
Divide the strawberries between 2 bowls.
To 1 bowl, add the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons sugar and stir well. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
To the other bowl, add balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, and the basil. Toss to combine. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serve over vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman