Strawberries Two Ways
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, dried, hulled, and sliced lengthwise thinly
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- About 10 fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving, optional
Divide the strawberries between 2 bowls.
To 1 bowl, add the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons sugar and stir well. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
To the other bowl, add balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, and the basil. Toss to combine. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serve over vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Recipe courtesy Dave Lieberman
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee