- 1 pound string beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame (green soy beans)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup 100 percent fruit apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, sliced
Put the string beans and frozen edamame into a steamer basket and steam them for 4 minutes. Transfer the beans to a large bowl and put them into the refrigerator to cool for 15 minutes or longer.
In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, apricot preserves, sugar and ginger. Add the black beans and scallions to the other beans, drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt, to taste.