- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 thin slice (1/2 ounce) Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with foil.
Place the English muffin halves cut-side up on the baking sheet. Top each with tomato and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the Canadian bacon over the tomatoes, then top with the mozzarella. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Sprinkle with basil.
Photograph by Kate Mathis
Per serving: Calories 300; Fat 13 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 670 mg; Carbohydrate 32 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 17 g