Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound white flaky fish fillet, like tilapia or halibut
- Chipotle cream:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chipotle pepper, in adobo sauce
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage or lettuce
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the fish fillets and let marinate for 20 minutes. Put the yogurt into a strainer lined with apaper towel and place over a bowl to drain and thicken for 20 minutes.
Remove the fish from the marinade and grill on a preheated grill or nonstick grill pan over a medium-high heat until cooked thorough, about 3 minutes per side. Set the fish aside on a plate for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl combine the thickened yogurt, mayonnaise, and chipotle pepper.
Heat the tortillas on the grill or grill pan for 30 seconds on each side.
Flake the fish with a fork. Top each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of the chipotle cream. Top with fish, cabbage, corn and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
2006, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved