Grilled Flank Steak, Portobello and Green Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pound flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps (about 3/4 to 1 pound), wiped clean with a paper towel
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 (5-ounce) bag baby spinach leaves (5 cups baby spinach, lightly packed)
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes (1 pound), each sliced into 8 wedges
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Make marinade:
Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, orange juice, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, chili flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk. Place steak and mushrooms in a glass baking dish or sealable plastic bag and pour marinade on top. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 or up to 4 hours.
Place green beans in a steamer basket over a few inches of boiling water and steam until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Allow to cool in the refrigerator, or to cool quickly, drain and plunge in a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes. Drain and reserve.
Spray a grill or grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Remove steak and mushrooms from marinade, and discard marinade. Grill steak until medium-rare and mushrooms until cooked through but still juicy, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for both steak and mushrooms. Remove to a cutting board and let rest about 10 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into 1/4-inch slices; cut mushrooms into 1/4-inch slices.
Note for Nutrition Analysis: 1/2 the marinade remains after marinating so subtract 1 TBS olive oil, 1 1/2 TBS Balsamic, 1 TBS orange juice and 1 teaspoon garlic from analysis
Calories 410; Total Fat 19 g; (Sat Fat 4.5 g, Mono Fat 10 g, Poly Fat 2 g) ; Protein 37 g; Carb 25 g; Fiber 8 g; Cholesterol 45 mg; Sodium 330 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Fiber, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Folate, Vitamin K, Pantothenic Acid, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Zinc
Good source of: Thiamin, Calcium, Magnesium
Thank you! your flag was submitted.