Poached Eggs with Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast and Sweet Potato Hash
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 5 min
- 10 min
- 40 min
- 15 min
- 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F, cooled, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked diced Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast (4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- Hot sauce, for serving
In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the onion and thyme and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, turkey, salt and some pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are beginning to brown, about 3 minutes longer. Add the broth, scraping up any brown bits that may have formed on bottom of pan. Keep warm while poaching the eggs.
Fill a saute pan with 1 1/2 inches of water and the vinegar and bring to a simmer. Break 1 egg into a small bowl and then carefully pour it into the water. Repeat with the remaining eggs spacing them so they do not touch. Poach at a gentle simmer until the whites are firm but the yolks are still runny, 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.