- 2 cups water
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1 cup solid-pack pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
Preheat the oven to 375F.
While the rice is still hot, add the pumpkin mixture to the saucepan and stir well to combine. Cover and transfer to the oven. Bake until the liquid has reduced by about a third and the mixture is foamy and bubbling, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir well to combine all the ingredients. Transfer to a large bowl, then cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight. The pudding will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Calories 240; Total Fat 6 g (Sat Fat 3.5 g, Mono Fat 1.5 g, Poly Fat 0 g); Protein 4 g; Carb 42 g; Fiber 1 g; Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 120 mg
- Excellent source of: Vitamin A
- Good source of: Calcium, Iodine, Phosphorus, Riboflavin, Vitamin D