Romaine Hearts with Greek Dressing
- 4 small hearts romaine lettuce
- 12 rings thinly sliced red onion (about 1/4 medium onion)
- 20 kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cut each of the romaine hearts in half, leaving the stem end intact so the leaves stay together. Top each with a few rings of onions, and place 5 olives in a small pile on each plate.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle some dressing over each lettuce half and serve.
2007, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray