- 4 small hearts romaine lettuce
- 12 rings thinly sliced red onion (about 1/4 medium onion)
- 20 kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cut each of the romaine hearts in half, leaving the stem end intact so the leaves stay together. Top each with a few rings of onions, and place 5 olives in a small pile on each plate.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle some dressing over each lettuce half and serve.