Warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (9-ounce) package artichoke hearts, defrosted, rinsed and dried
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, excess liquid squeezed out.
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Neufchatel cheese (reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Pita wedges or crudites, for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until onions are light golden but not browned. Remove from heat and cool.
In the bowl of a food processor combine artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, Neufchatel, mozzarella and salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Add cooled onion-garlic mixture to the food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
Transfer mixture into an 8-inch glass square baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate which has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pita wedges or crudites.
2007 Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri