Bacon and Herb Roast Turkey Breast
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (5 1/2 to 6-pound) whole turkey breast, rinsed and patted dry
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a shallow roasting pan or baking dish with aluminum foil.
Cook the bacon in a medium skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the rendered bacon fat separately. When the bacon has cooled, chop it finely and transfer to a small bowl. Add the garlic, sage, rosemary, oregano, thyme, butter, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Using a small spoon, mix thoroughly to combine and form a paste.
Using your fingertips, gently loosen the skin on both sides of the turkey breast so that it is separated from the flesh. Divide the herb paste in half and gently spread half between the skin and flesh on each side of the breast. Season the outside of the turkey breast with the remaining teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Brush the turkey all over with the reserved bacon fat. Place prepared turkey breast in the prepared pan and roast, uncovered, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the deep portion of the breast registers 165 degrees F, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 or 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving into thin slices. Serve with the pan drippings.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roast Turkey, Avocado and Bacon Sandwich, Pressed Herbs and Spices Turkey Breast, Pumpkin-Zucchini Muffin Stuffin' with Chipotle Gravy, Roast Turkey Breast with Zesty Dry Rub, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Holiday Appetizer Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Burrito Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.