- 6 ounces tomato juice
- 4 ounces beef bouillon
- 2 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- Celery sticks or pickled okra, to garnish
In a small pitcher or bowl combine tomato juice, bouillon, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, Essence, celery salt, lime juice, and lemon juice and stir to blend well. Divide the mixture between two highball glasses containing ice, and garnish with black pepper and celery or okra.
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.