Bok Choy and Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 pound smoked ham, such as Hunan, or Chinese sausage
- 1/2 pound baby bok choy, trimmed and julienned
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Steamed rice, as accompaniment
In a small bowl, combine the chicken stock, mirin, honey, cornstarch and salt, and stir until smooth. Set aside. Place a wok over medium heat. Add the peanut oil and when hot, add the ham and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bok choy and asparagus and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the stock mixture to the vegetables and stir to coat.
Cook, stirring, until the vegetables have absorbed most of the sauce and are moist and tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately with rice.