- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 cups shrimp stock or water
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- Cooked long grain white rice, accompaniment
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, to make a light roux. Add the onions, celery, bell peppers, green onions, garlic, bay leaves, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the sherry and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the stock and crawfish tails and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice.
Stir in the parsley and remove from the heat.
Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Serve over rice, garnished with additional parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.