- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
In a saucepan, with a lid, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, celery, and green peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Saute the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables start to wilt. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, and herbs. Continue to saute for 1 minute. Season the vegetables with salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and stock. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. Stir in the green onions and stir in the butter. Serve warm.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.