Cripsy Confit of Duck and Yukon Gold Potatoes with Braised Spinach, Shaved Truffles, Truffle Emulsion and White Truffle Oil
- 4 tablespoons duck confit oil, in all
- 2 confit duck legs
- 1/2 pound confit of cooked Yukon gold potatoes, hot
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stemmed and cleaned
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup truffle emulsion
- White Truffle oil to drizzle
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Regginao cheese
- 2 -ounce truffle
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons duck confit oil. When the oil is hot, sear the duck legs, for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the legs are crispy. Using the back of a French knife, slightly smash each potato. In another saute pan, heat the remaining confit oil. When the oil is hot, add the spinach, a couple of handfuls at a time. Season with salt and pepper. Saute the spinach for about 1 minute or until wilted. Stir in the garlic and remove from the heat. Spoon the truffle emulsion in the center of the plate and around the rim. Mound the spinach in the center of the sauce. Arrange the smashed potatoes around the spinach. Lay the crispy duck confit legs on top of the spinach. Drizzle the entire plate with the truffle oil. Sprinkle the plate with the grated cheese. Shave the truffles over the duck legs. Garnish with chives and black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.