Garlic Roasted Pork Loin with Raspberry Chipotle Glaze
- Raspberry Chipotle Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 2 pints fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garlic Roasted Pork Loin:
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound boned pork loin
- 8 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, rinsed and patted dry, tough stems discarded
- Wild Rice and Dried Cranberry Dressing, recipe follows
- Wild Rice and Dried Cranberry Dressing:
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups wild rice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup medium barley
- 1 cup dried cranberries, or dried cherries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 large orange, segmented and cut into 3/4-inch dice
DirectionsGarlic Roasted Pork Loin:
For the Glaze: In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft and slightly caramelized, 4 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Add the chipotles and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Add the raspberries and cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and stir to deglaze the pan. Add the sugar and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until thickened and reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
For the Pork Loin: Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Place a large roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat the bottom and heat. Season the pork loin with salt and pepper. Place the loin in the roasting pan and sear on all sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Remove the pork from the heat. Carefully rub the garlic/herb mixture over the pork loin.
Roast until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers an internal temperature of 140 degrees F, 40 to 45 minutes. Five minutes before removing the roast from the oven, evenly spread the glaze over the top. Remove from the oven and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Line a large bowl or platter with watercress. Arrange the wild rice dressing on top and serve. Slice the pork loin and place on top of the rice dressing. Drizzle with leftover glaze.Wild Rice and Dried Cranberry Dressing:
In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the rice, 1 teaspoon of butter, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and stir. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender (but not split), 40 to 45 minutes. Drain, rinse, and drain again, and transfer to a large bowl.
In a separate large saucepan, bring the remaining 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the barley, remaining 1 teaspoon of butter, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and stir. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the barley is tender but retains a crunch, about 40 minutes. Drain, rinse well, and drain the barley. Add the barley to the wild rice.
In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, mustard, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Slowly add the oil in a thin stream, whisking to emulsify. Add the green onions, shallots, parsley, and orange zest, and whisk to incorporate. Pour over the rice and toss to coat. Add the pecans and orange pieces, and toss. Adjust seasoning, to taste.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Pork Loin with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette, Portuguese Style Garlic-Roasted Pork, Roasted Pork Loin with Cider and Chunky Applesauce, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes