Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 8 ounces each
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped anchovies
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound hearts of romaine, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 (14-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup coleslaw, optional
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat a grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grill grates.
While the grill is heating, season the chicken breasts with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and the Essence. Grill the chicken until golden on both sides and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and transfer to a plate to cool to lukewarm. Slice thinly against the grain and reserve.
In a medium bowl, place the egg yolk with the anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Use a whisk to blend until frothy. Slowly drizzle the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil into the bowl a few drops at a time, while whisking. Continue to drizzle the oil and whisk until all the oil is incorporated. Fold the Parmesan into the dressing and set aside.
Set 4 tablespoons of the dressing aside, and toss the romaine with the remaining Caesar dressing. Heat the tortillas over an open flame or in a large skillet for 10 to 15 seconds per side. On a clean work surface, spread 1 tablespoon of the reserved Caesar dressing on the lower third of the tortilla. Lay 1/4 of the chicken slices across the lower third of the tortilla leaving about 2-inches of space on either side. Top each with 1/4 cup coleslaw and then lay 1/4 of the salad on top, and fold either end of the tortilla in towards the center. Fold the end of the tortilla closest to you over the salad and chicken, and continue to fold and roll the tortilla until a tight log forms. Lay the wrap seam side down, and slice diagonally to make 2 halves. Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve within 1 hour. Continue with the remaining tortillas, chicken and salad.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.