Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit and Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 4 lobster tails
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Place the pink grapefruit juice in a small saute pan, and set over medium-high heat. Reduce the juice by 2/3 until you have about 4 tablespoons left, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool, and reserve until ready to use.
To prepare the dish, set the grill on medium-high. Skewer each lobster tail, then brush with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on the cut sides and season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the Essence. Place the tails, cut side down on the grill, and cook for 3 minutes, rotate 45 degrees, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn the lobsters over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just cooked through.
Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, add the shallots and mustard, and use a small whisk to incorporate. Slowly drizzle in the reduced pink grapefruit juice and the Champagne vinegar. While continuing to whisk, add the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil in a thin, steady stream and lightly season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper. Add the chopped tarragon and whisk to combine. The vinaigrette can be made a few hours in advance.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Lobsters---Aragoste Alle Brace, Deviled Portuguese Grilled Lobsters, Grilled Spiny Lobster with a Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes and a Drizzle of White Truffle Oil, Baked Ham Recipes, Latin American, Fried Chicken Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Beef Tenderloin Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.