Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit and Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 4 lobster tails
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Place the pink grapefruit juice in a small saute pan, and set over medium-high heat. Reduce the juice by 2/3 until you have about 4 tablespoons left, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool, and reserve until ready to use.
To prepare the dish, set the grill on medium-high. Skewer each lobster tail, then brush with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on the cut sides and season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the Essence. Place the tails, cut side down on the grill, and cook for 3 minutes, rotate 45 degrees, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn the lobsters over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just cooked through.
Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, add the shallots and mustard, and use a small whisk to incorporate. Slowly drizzle in the reduced pink grapefruit juice and the Champagne vinegar. While continuing to whisk, add the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil in a thin, steady stream and lightly season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper. Add the chopped tarragon and whisk to combine. The vinaigrette can be made a few hours in advance.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Spiny Lobster with a Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes and a Drizzle of White Truffle Oil, Deviled Portuguese Grilled Lobsters, Grilled California Lobster, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Lobster Ravioli Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Lobster Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.