- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup drinking-quality white wine
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Pinch ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
In a non-reactive bowl, combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight, covered.
Transfer the mustard mixture to a blender and process until mustard has obtained the desired texture and thickness; it is equally delicious whether you leave it chunky or smooth. Store in an airtight, non-reactive container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.