- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups corn (about 6 ears)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Melt the butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn, onions, bell peppers, jalapeno, Essence, and salt, and cook, stirring, until soft, for 10 minutes. Add the cream and cook for 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and serve hot.
Emeril's Creole Seasoning (Essence):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from New New Orleans Cooking by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, Published by William and Morrow, 1993.