Kicked Up Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, sliced in half, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill or oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients and chill for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry.
Serve as a dip.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from New New Orleans Cooking, by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.