Mom's Portuguese Clam Bake
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1/2 pound Chorizo sausage, sliced
- 4 breakfast sausages
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 onions, peeled
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked, broken into smaller pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt, pepper and crushed red pepper
- 2 quarts steamers (soft clams)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish
In a large pot combine potatoes, sausages, onions, corn and bay leaves. Cover with about 3 quarts cold water and season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add clams, cover and cook until they open, about 15 minutes. You can serve this right from the pot at table.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.