- 2 large baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed well
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence seasoning or Creole seasoning
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Pat the potatoes dry and cut them lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Turn each slice flat and slice again lengthwise into even 1/2-inch-thick fries. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add the olive oil, seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss well to combine, then transfer the fries to a large baking sheet and arrange them in one even layer so that they are not touching. Roast, scraping the potatoes from the baking sheet with a metal spatula and turning them over halfway through, until golden brown and crispy, about 30 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking, combine the cheese, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and stir to blend. When the potatoes are crisp and brown, sprinkle with the paprika-parmesan salt. Serve hot.
Photograph by Kang Kim