Pasta with Peas and Bacon
- 1 pound cheese filled tortellini
- 3 ounces fresh bacon, julienned (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh peas (blanched), or 4 ounces frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped parsley, recipe follows
Place tortellini in the pot of boiling water.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, place on a paper towel to drain. Pour out all the bacon grease except for 1 tablespoon. In the same skillet place the onion and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden. Pour in the cream, and reduce until lightly thickened.
Remove the pasta from the water when it is al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and add the pasta to the cream mixture. Add bacon back to the pan along with the peas and cheese. Reduce for 1 minute. Toss and adjust the seasonings. Spoon into a large pasta bowl and serve. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse