Pecan Crusted Cod Fish
- Pecan crust:
- 2 cups roasted pecans
- 1/2 -cup bread crumbs
- 4 (6 ounce) cod fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
- 1 cup fried shoestring potatoes
- 1 cup Creole Meunier sauce (any beurre blanc sauce with 1 tablespoon of Essence added), warm
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons brunoise red peppers, for garnish
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Creole Meunier Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 pound butter, cut into 1-inch cubes, cold
- 1 tablespoon Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the pecan crust. Puree the mixture until it resembles a mealy texture. Season the cod with Essence.
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is smoking hot, add the fish. Saute for 2 minutes and flip over. Top each fish with the pecan crust and finish cooking in the oven. Bake the fish for 6 to 8 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the fish is cooked all the way through.
Spoon the sauce in the center of the plate and around the rim. Lay the fish in the center of the sauce. Pile the potatoes on top of the fish. Garnish with the green onion and red peppersEssence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from New New Orleans Cooking, by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William Morrow, 1993.Creole Meunier Sauce:
In a saute pan, combine the shallots, garlic, and wine together. Bring up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Reduce the wine by half, about 2 to 3 minutes. With a whisk, mount in the butter cubes one at a time until all are fully incorporated and slightly thick. Season with Essence.
Yield: 1 cup
More Recipes and Ideas:
Panko-Crusted Cod Sandwiches with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Jay's Potato-Crusted Fish with Mango Salsa, Salt Crusted Whole Fish, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.