- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces chorizo, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, diced
- 2 dozen cherrystone clams, shucked, in their liquid
- 1/2 pound salt cod, rinsed and diced
- 1/2 quart chicken stock
- 1 quart white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- Loaf of crusty bread
In a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, render the chorizo for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onions and celery. Continue sauteing for 3 minutes or until the vegetables wilt. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes and garlic, saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, reserved clam liquid and salt cod. Add the chicken stock and white wine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the clams and parsley, cover, and continue simmering for 3 minutes. Ladle the chowder in a shallow bowl. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.